50th ANNIVERSARY RALLY UPDATE
Due to the current covid lockdown and what seems to be a grim outlook at the time of writing (19 August), your committee is concerned that the risk of us having to cancel the Anniversary Rally planned for this November due to a lockdown, is quite high.
Coming out of lockdown #6 as planned on 2nd September will not be an indication that we will be lockdown free for the rest of the year, we could be locked down soon thereafter, the week before the Rally or during the rally – nobody knows. Uncertainty will continue until vaccination rates are up to a level that the health experts believe lockdowns are no longer necessary.
This high level of uncertainty has resulted in your committee making the difficult decision to postpone the November planned Rally to March 2022.
We feel making this decision now will enable those who have entered to be able to make alternate personal / work arrangements sooner rather than later.
Members who have booked and have paid a deposit or the full amount and would like a full refund are welcome to contact John Best Secretary for this to be arranged.
Members who are happy for us to retain their entry and fees paid, for the postponement need to do nothing at this stage. Your rally entry will be rolled over to the new March 2022 date.
Members who have not entered due to November dates being unsuitable for them and March 2022 being more suitable, please wait for a revised entry form to be made available shortly.
We are as disappointed as you will be when you read this message that the Rally planned for November is being postponed, however we believe that this decision is being made with the best interests of members in mind.
The confirmed dates in March next year are – arrive Port Fairy Sunday 20th March, depart Port Fairy Sunday 27th March. (7 night’s accommodation).
Stay tuned for further updates.
Ian Snadden, President
On behalf of the committee.